Data Protection laws state that we are only able to process personal data if we have valid reasons to do so.
The basis for processing your personal data includes, but is not limited to;-
- your consent
- performance of a contract or service
- enabling billing and remittance
- contacting you for customer service purposes
Avalon Trees is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Avalon Trees may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25th May 2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode and preferences
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping and billing
- We may use the information to review or improve our products and services
- To provide you with price quotes and services
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998/GDPR 2018. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to the Data Compliance Manager, Avalon Trees Ltd, 4 Woodhall Lane, Shenley, Radlett Herts WD7 9AT.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
If you wish to make a complaint about how your personal information has been processed you may lodge a complaint directly in writing to the Data Compliance Manager at Avalon Trees Ltd, 4 Woodhall Lane, Shenley, Radlett, Herts WD7 9AT